STATUTE OF THE INTERNATIONAL MUSIC FESTIVAL LAUREATE DAYS “KATYA POPOVA
The International Music Festival Laureate Days “Katya Popova” was founded in 1966 as an annual music holiday with the participation of laureates. Since its third edition the Festival has been named after the opera prima Katya Popova /1924 – 1966/ who was one of the founders and a participant in the first edition. The Laureate Days present the achievements of the new generation in the European and world performing mastership, the successes of the Bulgarian vocal and instrumental school.
The International Music Festival Laureate Days “Katya Popova” /hereinafter referred to as the Festival/ is held in town of Pleven every 2 years, in October, within no less than 5 concert evenings.
II. ORGANIZERS OF THE FESTIVAL
1. The Festival shall be organized by Pleven Municipality.
2. Professional music institutes or natural and legal persons, which share the aims and ideas of the Festival may be included as co-organizers. When assigning specific activities to the co-organizers, contracts defining their rights and obligations shall be concluded.
3. The Mayor of Pleven Municipality shall appoint by order an Organizing Committee of the Festival. Members of the Committee shall be eminent music artists, prominent public figures, participating voluntarily without payment and experts from the Department of “Culture”.
4. The Deputy Mayor for Culture or the Head of Department of “Culture” shall be a Chairman of the Organizing Committee.
5. The Organizing Committee shall have the rights to elect or not an external selector of the participants in the Festival.
6. The Organizing Committee may elect a Co-chairman for the creative organization of the Festival.
7. The Organizing Committee shall adopt its resolutions by a simple majority.
8. The Organizing Committee shall popularize the Festival through media partnerships, its own website and profile in the social network.
III. SYMBOLS OF THE FESTIVAL
The name International Music Festival Laureate Days “Katya Popova”.
Logo of the Festival.
IV. REGULATION OF THE FESTIVAL
1. Only laureates and prize winners at prestigious international and national music competitions in the field of classical music, preceding 3 years its consecutive edition, shall participate in the Festival.
2. The participants in the Festival should not be older than:
- 33 years for instrumentalists;
- 35 years for singers.
3. The Festival has no competitive character.
4. The participation in the Festival shall be only at the invitation of the organizers.
5. Musicians and singers from Pleven, regardless of their age and the time when they have been laureates at an international competition, having participated in previous editions of the Festival, but not in two consecutive editions, shall participate in the Festival programme by rights.
6. The Organizing Committee shall provide to the participants:
- One concert /spectacle/ with a symphonic orchestra, with a programme at the participant’s choice;
- Two rehearsals with an orchestra;
- Conditions for individual work;
- A complete record of the Festival /audio and video/.
V. FINANCING OF THE FESTIVAL
1. The Festival shall be financed from the budget of Pleven Municipality.
2. The budget of the Festival shall be included in the Cultural Calendar of Pleven Municipality and shall be approved by a Resolution of the Municipal Council.
3. The Organizing Committee shall provide additional funds from sponsorship.
4. The finance distribution shall be performed by the Organizing Committee after approval by the Mayor of Pleven Municipality.
5. All expenses of the participants shall be covered by the organizer:
- Flight ticket from a European airport to Sofia and return;
- Transport from Sofia Airport to Pleven and return;
- Board and lodging /hotel and food/ for the period of stay in Pleven;
- Payment of a fee for performance.
6. The control over the spending of funds shall be carried out by the Chairman of the Organizing Committee and the Chief Accountant of the Unified Library System “Cultural Institutes”.
VI. ADDITIONAL CLAUSES
1. The Statute of the Festival shall be drawn up by the Organizing Committee and shall be approved by the Mayor of Pleven Municipality.
2. The Statute of the Festival shall be adopted by a resolution of the Municipal Council of Pleven.
3. All issues regarding the Festival and not regulated in this Statute shall be resolved by the Organizing Committee and current legislation in the Republic of Bulgaria.